Gin-based cocktail recipes for the holiday season
Ingredients for 8 servings:
- 118ml water
- 240 ml of Gin (we can recommend Valkyrie London Dry Gin)
- 118 ml St. Germain or other elderflower liqueur
- 80ml fresh grapefruit juice
- 60ml fresh lime juice
- 4-6 bottles of Ginger Beer
- 200 g fresh cranberries (or frozen, but not dried)
- 170g honey
- 2.5 cm long piece of fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Slice of fresh grapefruit, fresh thyme, star anise or cinnamon stick for garnish (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water, honey, cranberries, thyme and ginger to a boil over high heat. Boil for 5 minutes or until the cranberries begin to burst, then remove from the heat and let cool. Remove thyme and ginger.
- In a large pitcher, combine the cooled cranberry syrup mixture, gin, St. Germain, grapefruit juice, and lime juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add the ginger beer to the mixture just before serving. Garnish each drink with a sprig of thyme, a slice of grapefruit and a cinnamon stick or star anise.
- 30 ml of Gin (we can recommend Gin This is Us)
- 20ml lemon juice, fresh
- 10 ml cane sugar syrup
- 60ml champagne
- Lemon zest to garnish
In a mixing glass or shaker, combine the gin, lemon juice and sugar syrup. Filter into a champagne flute. Complete with champagne. Decorate with a lemon twist.
- 40 ml of Gin (we can recommend Newlands Gin Bio)
- 150ml fresh lemon juice
- 10 ml cane sugar syrup
- 150 ml Chambord or other blackberry liqueur
- Crushed ice
Fill a cocktail glass with crushed ice. Add the gin, lemon juice and sugar syrup. Slowly pour the blackberry liqueur over the top in circular motions. Decorate with two fresh or dried blackberries.
The perfect cocktail for brunch on Christmas morning or New Year's Day!
We suggest you use the blender Toma Original Bloody Mary to prepare this cocktail. This mixer is alcohol free and can be consumed alone or in a Bloody Ginny cocktail by adding gin. It's a Bloody Mary if you replace the gin with vodka. The mixer bottle makes 2 cocktails.
To prepare your Bloody Ginny, we suggest using the Gin Confidential, because it is a little peppery with the horseradish and Sichaun pepper used to make this atypical Gin. Decorate your cocktail with a stalk of celery and a ribbon of cucumber and a slice of lemon or lime. Serve the cocktail with fresh oysters on the half-shell for a festive and gourmet experience.
(Credits: recipe adapted by Liz McCray and photo by @bloodmaryobsessed)
- 45 ml Dry Gin (we can recommend Gin Confidential)
- 200 ml mixer Toma Bloody Mary
- 200 ml fresh cucumber juice, strained
- ice cubes
- 1 ribbon of cucumber
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 slice of lemon
- 1 slice of cucumber
- 1 oyster (optional)
- 2 cases. fleur de sel for the edge (optional)
Line the inside of a highball glass with cucumber ribbon. Run a cut lemon over the rim of the glass. Evenly coat the rim of the glass with salt. Fill the glass with ice cubes. In a shaker, combine the Bloody Mary mixer, cucumber juice and gin. Shake well and pour into your glass. Garnish with a stalk of celery, a slice of lemon, a slice of cucumber and a fresh oyster.
Leave a comment